Is The Diamond 3 Lite Pod SAD Light Box As Medically Beneficial As It Appears?
The Diamond 3 Lite Pod Sad Light Box is another in a long line of light therapy devices and some of the key features in its design are the wide area the light covers – so that users are free to work and read as they receive their daily dose – and the adjustability of the light setting and the tilting base.
The stand out statement in the specification for this lamp has to be that it is of a SO13485 Medical Standard because this suggests that the light pod has been carefully designed with disorders like SAD in mind.
Is this the case or has its effectiveness been questioned?
Some Noted Features of the Diamond Lite Pod SAD Light Box
- Drug free treatment of SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder)
- 3 Light settings – Tilting Base allows direction of light.
- Covers large area for reading, nearby working etc
- SO13485 Medical Standard
- Effective in 90% of cases
What benefits have buyers noticed when using this Diamond 3 Sad Light?
Many reports from users support this medical endorsement because they talk about the differences they have seen in their mood, their sleeping patterns and their energy in the mornings.
Many buyers see this Diamond Lite Pod as the ideal substitution for an office lamp because it can provide a better light source during the long periods of therapy required and its compact size and light weight – just 3.7kg – means it does not look out of place and it can be brought home on the weekend for continual treatment.
Additional benefits that have been noted are that the lamp uses a full spectrum light with a frosted diffuser, which helps to tackle any glare, and the light comes on very quickly with no need to let it warm up.
Does this Diamond 3 Lite Pod Sad Light have any flaws in its design that could limit its ability to help SAD sufferers?
In the accompanying leaflet, it is recommended that users enjoy 1.5 to 2 hours of treatment time, rather than the presumed 45 minutes, and this seems very long, particularly in comparison to other brands that advertise quick sessions of 30 minutes or less.
In addition to this, some buyers suggest that this longer treatment means the light is less intense, something that could be a bonus to those with light sensitivity but could perhaps also diminish the overall effect.
Moving away from the treatment side of the product, buyers have also commented on the lack of quality control – such as easily broken switches and loose feet – and there have been occasional reactions to the the UV rays.
Summary: should you get this Diamond 3 Lite Box for your own light therapy treatment?
There are some odd drawbacks that single this lamp out and cast doubt on its efficiency and there is a claim in the product description that the lamp is effective in 90% of SAD cases; clearly every case is different but could this questionable optimal treatment length and light intensity be a contributing factor for the other 10%?
Whether this is the case or not, the 90% that are successful clearly have a lot of positive things to say about the Diamond Lite Pod and its effects so if you are happy to take a gamble and have the ability to use it to its full potential, this portable therapy device could potentially be a great help in the winter months.
You can check out more customer reviews about this Diamond 3 Lite Pod SAD Light Box on Amazon UK here.